Just for fun! It would be really interesting to see this type of infographic compiled with the history of social media and the stories told during disasters. Anyone up for that?
- Haiti Earthquake: 5 Articles Reflect on Information Technology in Large-Scale Disasters
- Passive vs. Active Social Media "listening"
- What is a Virtual Operations Support Team?
- FEMA's S.A.V.E.R. platform: Situational Awareness Viewer for Emergency Response
- Social media during crisis response: Five general lessons for emergency managers
- Reach Your Audience in an Emergency: #SMEM
- Keeping the Lines of Communication Open: Atlanta Public School’s Long Snow Day
- Deaf People Use Social Media to Make Their Voices Heard: Can #SMEM be used to reach them in a crisis?
- Information Design: Is a Picture Worth a Thousand Words?
- Social Networking Trends of 2013 and Implications for #SMEM
- 234,942 hits